925 sterling silver is generally considered hypoallergenic for most people. The alloy is composed of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. The addition of copper is done to improve the durability and strength of the silver, making it suitable for use in jewelry and other decorative items.

Pure silver is a hypoallergenic metal, and the small percentage of copper in sterling silver does not typically cause allergic reactions in the majority of individuals. However, it's essential to note that people with specific metal allergies, particularly to copper, may experience skin reactions when wearing sterling silver.

If you have known metal allergies or sensitivities, you may want to consider alternative metals that are explicitly marketed as hypoallergenic, such as titanium or surgical stainless steel. Additionally, some jewelry manufacturers offer rhodium-plated sterling silver, which provides an extra layer to protect against potential skin reactions.

In summary, while 925 sterling silver is generally hypoallergenic for most wearers, individual reactions can vary. If you have concerns about metal allergies, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or choose jewelry made from materials known to be hypoallergenic for your skin type.