Yes, 925 sterling silver is generally safe for most people to wear. The alloy is composed of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals, typically copper. This combination is chosen to enhance the durability and strength of the silver, making it suitable for a wide range of jewelry and other decorative items.

Sterling silver is considered hypoallergenic for most people. Allergies to silver are extremely rare, and the addition of copper to the alloy usually does not cause adverse reactions. However, individual sensitivities can vary, and some people may experience skin discoloration or irritation due to factors such as sweat, lotions, or other substances interacting with the metal.

It's important to note that some silver-plated or lower-quality silver alloys may contain nickel, a common allergen. If you have known nickel allergies, it's advisable to choose jewelry made from high-quality materials like 925 sterling silver to avoid any potential skin reactions.

In summary, 925 sterling silver is generally safe and well-tolerated by most individuals. If you have specific concerns or known metal allergies, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or choose jewelry made from alternative materials that suit your skin sensitivities.